I needed a place to keep notes on things that are or have been useful in my job but that I do not use regularly enough to remember accurately. I use google but the web, she is not static and entropy reigns supreme - ergo, I cannot find everything a second time in a manner timely to the issue on hand. So I tried a mixture of notecards and txt files but the primary drawback of each is related to their being limited to a single location or require more effort than I want to put forth to replicate across redundant storage points. So, thanks to the iPhone, the web is pretty ubiquitous and now, so are my notes.
The breadth of these notes is limited to what I am working with or on. Through my job I support Windows, Redhat, CentOS,and Novell. Until the Cisco replacement comes in, I am maintaining a location with Alcatel. Outside of work I run OSX and Windows.
No comments:
Post a Comment